Monday, December 23, 2013

You May Be Going To Hell-- thermotron management training- GED required

ok
Thread Tools Search Thread Display




#1
Old Today, 11:05 am
dailey's Avatar
Regular Member
Join Date: July 19, 2010
Posts: 1,285
Religion: catholic
Default Is It "Wrong" To Claim Someone Is In Heaven?

I have always believed that is is not our place to decide where someone's resting place is. It seems like there is no one left who believes this?? Everytime someone passes, I always here the family members say they are with God. When my own grandmother died a year ago, I had many people from church tell me she is at peace now. I didn't disagree but I really don't know that for sure ( hence all the masses and prayers for her soul).

Also, I overheard something at church which left me a bit confused. A women (who left the church) was in the hospital, she was unresponsive. She was given last rites and died shortly thereafter. Her children were very upset, mainly because they were scared that their mother, being a fallen away catholic, was not saved. Two members of our church, very active members, assured and comforted the grown children that their mother was indeed in heaven as she received last rites. I am pretty sure this is not correct. Anyone care to clarify the churches teaching on this?
__________________
Padre Pio once said, ‘without the Grace of God, all I know how to do is to sin and sin again.’

No comments:

Post a Comment